04 August 2009

Max's Victory Event Thursday, August 13th.......And tonight's Social...... and Big DIPA on handpump...........

Do you like Victory beers? Do you REALLY like Victory beers?

VICTORY BLOWOUT EVENT: AUGUST 13, 2009
TIME: 5PM-CLOSE NO ENTRANCE FEE

We have brought in some real gems , thanks to the guys at Victory. We will be serving over 20 Victory beers on draft. A bunch of the guys from Victory will be coming down along with Susan Greene from Global. This is a great chance to try some of the best beers on the East Coast, from one of the best breweries in the Country.

HERE IS THE DRAFT LINE UP:
Hop Devil
Prima Pils
Golden Monkey
Storm King Stout
Festbier
Sunrise Weiss
Whirlwind Wit
Donnybrook Stout
Old Horizontal
Wild Devil
Baltic Thunder
Abbey 8
Rauchbier Porter
Scarlet Fire
Mad Kings Weiss
Helios
Braumeister PIls
Hop Wallop
CBC Weiss
Hop Wallop(Cask)
and maybe a few more......


And while we're at it, tonight's social:

CERVECERIA JEROME

This Tuesday we are featuring a brand new brewery to the US. Cerveceria Jerome. We will be serving Diablo(7.5%ABV English Style Strong Ale), Golden Archangel (9.0%ABV Belgian Style Triple), Negra(6.5%ABV Stout), Roja (6.0%ABV Amber/Red Ale) and Rubia (6.0%ABV Blonde/Wit). These are some really nice Craft beers from Mendoza, Argentina. We will have a few reps here also. These are some great beers from a country that is on the way up in the craft beer scene.These beers are in bottles but will be served by the glass. See you Tuesday

As always we start at 6pm In the Mobtown Lounge
See you All Tuesday

ON THE BEER ENGINES:
Heavy Seas Big DIPA
Whitemarsh Cerveca Sandia


I think I need to make a call to Ruddy Duck in Solomons--I'm betting Argentine native Carlos Yanez wouldn't mind selling a few Argentine beers......

And for those counting, Heavy Seas Big DIPA is also on handpump at Mahaffey's as of yesterday........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I stopped by Mahaffey's yesterday and tried a 10oz serving of the DIPA. As much as I want to like it, I really can't get into it. I have tried it out of the bottle and the handpump. I think it's just heavier than I like.

The Dogfish Head 90min Squall on the other hand....

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

Now, you see, there's the difference. I called Big DIPA (an Imperial IPA on steroids" when I passed my sample bottle around a while back--and so did the other beer fans I was sharing it with.

I had one bottle of Squall, and somehow it just didn't impress me that much--not worth the additional expense/effort over the 90-Minute IPA from which it descends. It may be smooth, it may be good, but there has to be that certain "something" there, and it just wasn't. I'm not even sure that Squall was even bottle-conditioned. Any info from the Dogfish Head worshipers out there?