04 February 2010

Milk, Bread, Eggs, Toilet Paper, and Beer?

I generally ignore the Stupor Super Bowl, just because I don't care for either the sport or the hype.  But some good-beer places must be doing something for the occasion.

DuClaw just sent an e-mail: From Friday through Sunday, all three DuClaw Brewing Company locations (not the BWI Airport franchise location) will be offering $3 off all new growler purchases and $1 off all growler refills, as well as discounts on food at the locations during the game itself.

Anyone else?  Or are we all just going to get snowed in?  Do we all run out and get extra beer before a snowstorm?  Or do we just start raiding the backlog of vintage beers, in keeping with the temperatures outside?  And judging from the fact that people in Baltimore all run to the store for the same four things when any cold front crosses the Rocky Mountains, does anyone in Baltimore actually just sit on the john and eat French toast?  I'm, picturing a little electric skillet and syrup dispenser in the bathrooms......

(Side topic:  Beer recommended to accompany French toast: Wells Banana Bread Beer.)

5 comments:

The Oriole Way said...

I always stock up on beer when a snowstorm looms. Usually try and grab some Winter Storm, Never Summer, Old Man Winter, etc.

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

I like the theme of your beer choices. Not a coincidence, I assume?

Caederus said...

Don't need to stock up. 6 cases of homebrew should last me. But the blizzard will put a serious damper on my weekend festivities. I was planning on brewing Saturday.

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

You could be Clipper City, which apparently just sent back or canceled several hundred/thousand oysters.......

The Oriole Way said...

Certainly no coincidence; I'm a sucker for seasonals.