29 March 2011

Beer-Related Articles We Never Finished Reading, #1 UPDATED

From the Baltimore Business Journal:

Organizers of this year’s Preakness Stakes are relying on a mythological half-man, half-horse to help spur infield ticket sales to the May 21 event.
The Maryland Jockey Club’s latest promotional campaign for the 136th running of the Preakness at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore will feature the presumed beer-drinking horse named “Kegasus” pitching this year’s infield festival in television, radio and online adverti-
UPDATE: I'm not the only one criticizing this.

2 comments:

Sean said...

I'm with you. That picture is embarrassing.

JohnM. said...

The concept isn't appealing to me either, but it's pretty obvious I'm not part of the target demographic. I'm sure this will do just fine with the heavy drinking, 21-30 young frat boy crowd (and very obviously, that's exactly who they want this to appeal to).