08 November 2010

Okay, just *MORE* Upcoming Events....

.............  as I seem to be updating this as I go through the inbox....

From the SPBW:  Monthly "meeting" will be at The Brewer's Art, 1106 N. Charles St., at 7 PM.  There should be cask-conditioned BA beer there.  Come along and join the quaffing.

Heavy Seas reports all 300 tickets for the Chili & Cheese Fest this Saturday (the 13th) have been sold out.

From Little Havana, Key Highway:  "Just wanted you to know I am working on a special for Friday, November 26 called Black Friday. I will be running a number of very dark beers on draft and in bottles ranging from $2 to $3 to $4 depending. Details are still fuzzy but I imagine the special will be all day long. That is to say, be here before 7pm and all drafts are $3 anyway."

Bluegrass Tavern, Federal Hill:   Heavy Seas firkin on Tuesday, Nov. 16th, 7 pm-close; Maryland Beer Dinner on Wednesday, Dec. 8th.

Nov. 18th:  Scores Baltimore is hosting a Cigar & Whiskey Event, featuring several barrel-aged Glenmorangie Scottish whiskies.  Details (such as they are) here; a note that this place is a "gentleman's club," otherwise often referred to as a "strip joint"...........

1 comment:

JohnM. said...

I was just wondering to what extent the distiller and/or distributor have any control over the location for this event (the Scotch tasting). While I'll happily leave my morality/mores at home, still... you have to think that a fairly significant number of potential customers would avoid this event, just because of where it takes place.

I don't know... the tasting sounds pretty interesting, but given the setting for it, I'm pretty certain I won't be going.