29 October 2008

Wharf Rat: Beer Geek Halloween!

I'm still awaiting more details from the whole crew at the Wharf Rat regarding the recent sale of the brewpub (and much of it will go to Mid-Atlantic Brewing News because they pay me for it), but I wanted to pass along an initial invitation by the new owner, Justin Dvorkin:

While the youngster are mobbing Fells Point we figured we would have a bit of a beer geek night at the Wharf Rat. We are going to have 2 Firkins on the bar, one Old Habit($3), and one TBA (we are taking requests) and we are trying to bring in a couple high end pumpkin beers (Weyerbacher, Dogfish, etc.)($3). Please help me get the word out, if I can get some support, I would love to do nights like this on a regular basis.
Consider it done; I'll be there. It's kind of hard for me to get my head around the concept of a brewpub having enough firkins on hand to be able to entertain requests.....

UPDATE from Justin: "Just wanted to give you an update on what we have planned for
tomorrow. Steve has decided to spice things up a bit. Our firkin of Old Habit is currently being aged with vanilla beans, and we will also be pouring a dry hopped firkin of our Irish Red. Please pass the word along to anyone who may be interested. Hope to see you there!"

No comments: