03 April 2009

This Weekend (Updated!)

1) Haven't confirmed in person, but the beer engines at the Pratt St. Ale House should be up and pumping by now. Also, note an ad for the place in this week's City Paper.

UPDATE: Just received an e-mail from Pratt St. minutes ago: They're on, with the 3 Lions, Strong Man strong pale ale, and ESB as the initial offerings.

2) Moorea Marketing's Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ Fest this Saturday at the Timonium Fairgrounds. Tickets still available, but not for the early VIP sampling from noon to 2 PM.

2 comments:

Sullicom said...

The B,B and B event always sounds like a better time than it turns out. I recall feeling like I was packed in a sardine can last year, holding my little glass, as I slowly shuffled across the beer-soaked floor trying to get from booth to booth. Actually, seeing what I just wrote, I guess it wasn't much different than my college bar-hopping days.

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

"Actually, seeing what I just wrote, I guess it wasn't much different than my college bar-hopping days."

Which might explain the popularity with at least SOME segment of the attendees, I guess.

I have suggested and insinuated that a repeat of this kind of festival--attracting anyone who would want to pay to show up and pour their beers--would be a possible addition to Baltimore Beer Week in October, giving non-Maryland beers (Saranac, Allagash, Magic Hat, Fordham, Brooklyn, Stoudt's, you name it) a chance to come and showcase their beers, much like the Philly Craft Beer Festival did for Philly's Beer Week. Thoughts?