01 December 2010

But I thought they opened back in September......?

Alewife Baltimore is running full-page ads in the City Paper--and Facebook posts--announcing its "Grand Opening Week" from Dec. 1st through the 5th.  All draft beers are $4, all food discounted $3; happy hour specials 4-6 PM.  According to their website, after the "grand opening week" happy hour policy will be "4pm-6pm every Monday thru Friday all drinks are $1 off and all food is $2 off (except sides). There will also be a $4 Bartender’s Choice Draft Special."

I suppose September, October, and November counted as the "soft opening."  Hey, as long as they don't do what a lot of restaurants and take-out joints do, leaving up a "Grand Opening!!!" sign for months.......

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I support any effort for less expensive good beer. They can have all the Grand Openings they want in my opinion.

JohnM. said...

Kind of my take as well Meghan. They can call it whatever they like (and it can last for as long as they like - the longer the better), but as long as the end result is cheaper beer and food there, I'm all for it.

JohnM. said...

Really an amazing deal. Stopped by last night and got a Dupont Saison, zinnibir, Bruery mischief and a Blaugies Darbyste. I also took home an entree order of the mushroom rice cakes for the girl friend. Total cost with tax was right at $30.

Sigh...