But this year, the emphasis will be more on quality than quantity. Rather than simply pack dozens of liquor stores with free beer samplings courtesy of the breweries, there will be a few more wide-ranging and diverse events.
- Metropolitan is hosting an "Arts & Crafts Night" after the Opening Tap on Thursday, Oct. 7th, with henna tattoos, pumpkin carving, and a firkin of Flying Dog ale;
- Baltimore-Washington Beer Works, brewers of The Raven Lager, have teamed up with "Baltimore's best beer-guzzling costume rock band, The Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad," for at least two concerts and a video/film contest, at The Windup Space on North Avenue and the Creative Alliance on Eastern Avenue respectively;
- A repeat of last year's "Blues & Brews" fest at the 8 x 10 (pictured above);
- A breweriana "swap meet" happy hour at Grand Cru in Belvedere Square;
- A Brewing History & Appreciation class at Howard County Community College;
- a "Bacon & Bombers Night" at T-Bonz (perfect for those shut out of this weekend's bacon & beer event at Clipper City);